Friday, April 25, 2008

Lessons from the Army

We had oatmeal for breakfast and I made it too hot. I asked 8 year old Pony Girl to grab some ice. She perked one finger in the air and said, "I will use a trick I learned in the Army."

I was STUNNED and began to laugh. Why you say? Many years ago (draft time) my father joined the Army. He filled out all the paper work and went in for the physical exam. He had a recent horse riding injury and was not deemed physically fit and was not allowed to join. So, he was in the army all of 60 minutes. However, when I was growing up he CONSTANTLY said, "Let me show you a trick I learned in the Army."

He died when Pony Girl was 5 years old...funny how she remembers that!

5 comments:

Marci said...

How cute! See they remember a lot more than we give them credit for...

Holly said...

Oh, too funny! But not as funny as CHARLIE!

Nebeker News said...

That is great I still use that saying myself with my kids. it is great to have wonderful memories of Dad. He really made his impression on us it will last forever, forever, forever, forever, forever, forever is that enough forevers?????

Charyce said...

So funny!
Makes you wonder what other things she's going to remember.... hmmm.

Charyce said...

By the way,
am I the only one that has a REAL hard time decoding the stupid word verification thingies they put up in order to make a post?
Gives me a headache!
But that's how much I luv ya, Jackie. Willing to do the stupid word verification just so I can leave a comment.