Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

On Father's day the kids made Breakfast for Mr. KIR in bed and then we went to the annual Nelson Family reunion... There are pictures here of all of the events--but... two things I wanted to discuss first are this: 1) these kids are exhausting! If you don't believe me, look at poor Mr. KIR in this breakfast picture:

He looks a bit hung over and as you all know, being LDS this is not the case. He does not stay up late, he does not play video games, or play the computer or anything that generally causes this look of sheer exhaustion-- so the only conclusion I can come to is this--our kids are slowly turning us into old people. Oh sure in the picture they look all cute and innocent, Sure when people meet them they think, "Oh what wonderful kids, what a beautiful family." But I swear when we had Pony Girl the nurses thought we were teen parents and were shocked to find out we were 28. Now, a mere 8 years later, we look nothing shy of 47 and haggard. So, you see what I mean!

and the second thing I wanted to discuss is this:

My "turning me into an old person" kids, crack me up! Before I would let Mr. KIR eat his much deserved breakfast-in-bed, of water, a heal of bread with butter and jam, a mostly eaten chocolate bar, and an apple, I sent Pony Girl down to get the camera--this is the picture I found when I downloaded them:

Ahhh, I started laughing so hard! I am telling you they do silly stuff like this on purpose--just so we end up thinking--okay---make me old, I love ya you silly things! Crazy thing is, it works...I love them!

And now, some Fathers Day shots:

The girls with Mr. KIR's parents
The kids with Mr. KIR (I thought I had better clarify who this 47 year old looking man was just in case you did not recognize him from the previous picture)
And last, the girls with Great Grandpa --they LOVE this man!! If you ever have the honor of meeting him, you will never wonder why!

6 comments:

Marci said...

Yeah, I feel the same way. In the past five years, I've aged at least 20... My gray hair is really starting to show. Fun pictures.

Holly said...

Ok before I even read what your had written I saw that picture of Mark was laughing so hard!! Oh man that has made my day! Especially to see Lauson their smiling on his shoulder. Ah, the good 'ol days!

Lynne said...

Alright, what is Mark doing with a grape soda anyway? That is a sign of old age for sure. Atleast his dad knows what's going on...he's got a Pepsi...best drink on the planet. Dr. Pepper comes in a close second.

Jackie said...

the grape soda is mine thank you very much!!! :0

Lynne said...

O.K. Then...what in the world are YOU doing with a grape soda? Where's the good stuff?

Jackie said...

I just felt like a good old fshioned grape soda--however, my mother-in law thought the same thing as you when I brought it to the table:)