Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pedicures

My girlfriends and I went to get pedicures--a regular girls day/night out tradition. Ashley usually picks the place since we are in her neck of the woods. But once, we were here at my place. I called a place in the phone book, set up appointments and we went. We could not find it with just the address. We came home, called them and the conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hi, we were coming to get pedicures, and could not find you. Can you tell me where you are located?"

Person with Vietnamese accent: "810 Varce drive."

Me: "Yes, I know the address, I was wondering if you could tell us about where that is?"

Person with Vietnamese accent: "810 Varce Drive."

Me: "Okay, ummm, is there a sign out front?"

Person with Vietnamese accent: "810 Varce drive."

Me: "Yes, I know the address, I just need a marker or something else to help me find you."

Person with Vietnamese accent: "810 Varce drive."

Me: "Okay, what are you located close to?"

Person with Vietnamese accent: "Okay, you go away now okay, bye." CLICK.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I think I saw a 20/20 segment on nail salons like this!!! So did you end up going somewhere else?? Cuz a girl needs a pedi right??

Jackie said...

yes, she does! and we did find the joint eventually and laughed and laughed about finally finding them...inside walmart:)

Nicole said...

I love it!! ...and how much time have you spent in your local Wal-Mart??? j/k There is one in our Wal-Mart here but I couldn't tell you the name of the place,if my life depended on it!!!

Glad you finally found it and got that well deserved Mani/Pedi