Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Barn Life

You know when you move into a house and things are amiss--you just blame the previous occupants, right? Well, what do you do when you built the house just a mere three years ago and things are amiss? You blame the kids, right? I do anyway. See, since school started, I have been cleaning house. I don't mean the regular stuff- I mean getting rid of the -we have been living large and cleaning little because it is summer and we are busy- grime. And, I have discovered, a sad realization--our house is in shambles. I have discovered things I do not even want to know what they are and things that make me cringe. Here are a few examples:

hmmm, this looks like a good spot to place the rocking chair and make a loud banging sound.


If I can just push this thing a bit harder, I know it will fit.


Why looky here, If I take a nail and jab it into the wall and then pull the little pieces that come out, I get a cool design.

Let's run around in a circle and whack the door out or our way, even though it seems to not want to go that way.

Wowser, if I draw with this permanent marker on this white door, I will be able to see my art work FOREVER!

I am aghast. I feel that maybe, just maybe, I live with a few animals--Momo excluded. I now understand why people say, "What, were you raised in a barn?" I thought something must be done with these monkeys I live with. So, being the good parent I am, I gathered them around to discuss this problem. The discussion and "barn" question were met with blank stares. Then Sweetums says in a sing songy voice, "I'm the pig!" I think, Yes, my sweet one, you are -- one of the cutest three little pigs around.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

so here I sit laughing hysterically, not necessarily at your misfortune but at the telling of it all and -a's- comment on it all.

So is this what I have to look forward too?

Love ya all! Even the three little pigs...

Lynne said...

So, I tried to do exactly what you're doing on the 31st and could not get it to work without starting a new blog completely. Is that what you're going to do? I settled for changing the title on the main page instead. Enlighten me!!

Eric and Dustha said...

That is funny!

BTW, why the change in the blog name. I feel like I am missing something...

Jackie said...

Lynne: I emailed you directions.

Dustha: No, you are not missing somehting. I just don't feel the name really fits my blog, so I want to change it, that is all.

Joy said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that feels like my house after a short amount of time is gone to the shambles--and it tires me out just thinking about touch up painting and such. Today it starts though--with the kids in school and only two at home. I hope I can get something done.

Robin and Don said...

It could always be worse, you could live in a zoo.=) All things said and done, I thought it looked like a nice lived in home. You know when I lived by myself I actually enjoyed going into homes where there was a lot of people living in them because it was lived in and it felt more like a home. If these things weren't there, trust me, you'd miss them.

Robyn said...

Hey, me too! I started cleaning this morning. I have to dump the kids stuff when they are at school.

Holly said...

You forgot the picture of L nailing a screw in the wall and saying "You don't use these, these are Daddy's." Just so you know I was in the shower when Marci came to get the book and refused to take it because I wasn't done. But, I was still going to give it to you!!! Argh!!!

Heather said...

My long lost friend!! You made my night after long Sunday meetings I come home to a fun surprise! I love your cute little family and I miss how much you can make me laugh!! It's crazy how much I think about what's up with you and your family, but to pick up the phone and call well that might be a little much... :) Things are busy, but we're doing great. I'm so glad you found me, now we can keep up so much easier! Love and miss ya!