Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hummy

My kids have got to be the most creative "namers" in the universe. We have a black expedition and my kids named it "blacky". Our green contour..."greeny". Any stuffed animal they receive is also named accordingly: ie, piggy, lamby, etc. So Sunday night we were outside enjoying the weather and Mr. KIR discovered a visitor in our garage, he caught the poor thing and realized it was so out of energy it would die if he just let it go. So he fed it. The kids named him...da da da...Hummy. Now I know you have no idea what he must be...so I included pictures. Your welcome:) (and yes, my germaphobe husband is wearing gloves)

8 comments:

Life with boys... said...

Oh how fun is that little science experiment?!? Not often you get to see a hummingbird so close up, let alone have it stay long enough to feed it...I'm a bit jealous! Hot Rod's face is priceless! Love you all!

Robin and Don said...

Very cool! I commend the glove. So did the humming bird just fly away or do you still have it? You left us all in suspense.

Lynne said...

Yeah - ditto to the last comment...is hummy a family member now or did he take off later?

missy said...

Oh, I love hummingbirds! I hope the little guy is thriving from your TLC.

Robyn said...

Had to laugh at the gloves. When I looked at the title, I wondered if your kids named a new, big, expensive car.

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

robi and lynne: Wow, we did not even think of keeping the guy--we have like 3 bird cages and everything. He did fly away after a LONG meal. It was a good 8 minutes that Mark and the kids held/watched him.

Robyn: COOL thought process--unfortunately, we will never be able to afford a vehicle of that expense:)

October 1, 2008 8:17 AM

Holly said...

This is awesome!! You know that that bird had to be way weak in order for KIR to catch it---I have never heard of anyone catching a humming bird before!