Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's a sock thing

Socks! There is trouble in my house over socks. Yes, you heard me--the sock is a thing of serious stress in this house. Actually, I have pretty much given up and let the sock win. My kids will wear whatever socks they choose, and I will take out my frustration by blogging about it--a win win situation for all. It all began with Pony Girl. She refused at a young age to wear any sock that has color, comes above her ankle or looks "girly" in any way. So, I loaded up on the white "boy" sock and life was grand. Then Sweetums came along and I dared--DARED- put a white sock in her drawer, let alone on her foot. She now refuses to wear any sock that is white, does not come above the ankle, and looks "ugly" in any way (remind yourself here that "ugly" is all up to personal interpretation.) I have spent a small fortune on socks. I bought Pony girl some white socks with purple on the toes, a girly version of her usual boy socks, and NO WAY in the name of all things Holy was she going to wear them. Sweetums also refused as they were short. Needless to say, Little Man will be wearing those dang socks--Jk--:) It has gotten to be pretty funny as Sweetums has now become obsessed with the sock. She picks them out pain stakingly careful, I swear she makes sure they do not match anything she is wearing, just to test my stay-out-of-it- ness. So to get back at her, (teehee) I will now let you all see the insane sock ruled world I call mine! Oh, and don't you dare ask, mention, or try to persuade her to push/fold them down, as I have been informed, "people may laugh at me if I do that." Good to know little one, good to know!

6 comments:

Joy said...

That cracks me up. I have a boy that wears whatever socks, a boy who only wants to wear short socks, a girl that will wear blue socks with a purple outfit, another girl who doesn't like to wear socks if she doesn't have to, and a baby who doesn't know what socks are!! So I definitely understand the sock thing!!

Nicole said...

Oh I love the pics...so for Christmas should I get them...SOCKS??

You can always try the but Auntie Cole wears...let miss Pony Girl know my socks have pink toes and they are short too. I would love to find ones with purple toes, such a lucky girl. At some point that won't work anymore I know, but who knows it might not that point just yet ; )

Marci said...

Hilarious :) I'm still laughing :)

Holly said...

I love how you kids now have "code names." Very inventive! I love Sweetums' fashion statements! I guess if that is the worst she does to express herself, you've got yourself a pretty dang good kid!!

Robyn said...

looks like she's going for the 80's look-Punky Brewster style. Didn't she wear two different socks? luckily my kids aren't too picky, but we have a box full of socks with no match. How does that happen? I try to buy only white socks!

Life with boys... said...

okay so don't tell me the "sock thing" did you in. Where ya been? Missing you all, I need my weekly fix, tehe.