Thursday, December 11, 2008

Can we skip March and April?

Sweetums: "Mom, when is the time when the twisters come?"

Me: "You mean Tornado's? They come in March and April."

Sweetums: "Would a tornado blow our house down?"

Me: "Well, yes, if one came close to it or hit it directly."

Sweetums: "What would we do?"

Me: "Well, we will head to the basement when the warnings come. We Have blankets, food, and all we need down there."

Sweetums: "Why don't we just skip those months...you know, April and March. Then we would not have to worry about it."

Me: "Well, it just doesn't work that way."

Sweetums: "Yes it would, the people who have birthdays in April and March could just get presents and cake in may. Then we could skip them."

8 comments:

Becky said...

If only life were so simple! :)

Have you been through any tornadoes?

The Grandpa said...

Sweetums is an interesting thinker.

Robyn said...

So true, maybe here we could just skip Jan and Feb, when it is so cold. No how about a trade! We will have March, April, March, April, May..... You can have Jan, Feb, Jan, Feb, May.... See if Sweetums agrees.

Holly said...

She is one smart cookie! It makes me laugh that the only thing she thinks would be a problem is the birhtday presents. Like I said...she is a smart girl!

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Wish it could be that simple sometimes.

However, I have two kids with b-days in April and they might be bummed.

Robyn said...

Jackie, Jackie, Jackie - and Lisa, Lisa, Lisa!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I love the adorable tree advent calendar!! Logan is 'dressing it up' as I type this.
You girlies are AWESOME!!
So sweet and creative and talented!
Loved the pictures especially!
Thanks again!

Robin and Don said...

I'm hurt...wouldn't you know, I'm an April baby. Sorry that I didn't get to see you when I was out. I didn't want to post on my blog that we were going out of town for security reasons and just assumed my sisters would have mentioned it to you. I'll have to make sure you know next time so we can make arrangements.

missy said...

Makes sense to me!