Monday, December 22, 2008

Gingerbread Fun

My brother's family sent us one of the best Christmas gifts ever, ( I mean it, I am not saying that just so he reads this and loves me as his favorite! I mean, I am already his favorite (sorry Jan:) and besides, he never reads my blog anyway. I started this blog for him and my sister 'cause we moved a bazillion miles from them and I thought it would be a great way to stay connected, .but they NEVER read it...neither one of them. Seriously NEVER! I am so loved. Maybe it is because if they did ever read it--which they don't--it would cause so much pain and sadness, that they just can't, CAN'T do it. Yes, that is what I shall tell myself--and believe...but I digress....)

So, they gave us this great gift. A ready to go gingerbread house in a box. It was so great. All the candy, frosting and house base all set up. I was so excited to use it, I think more so than the kids. One night when Emily, who is a college student who has become like a family member (the gorgeous gal in the photos) came over for dinner, we decorated it. It was so much fun, it went something like this:









However, the fun did not stop there.Three days later it looked like this:


I am telling you, this was a gift that just kept on giving! Thanks Paul...not that you will ever know I said thank you because you never read this...but again...digression...

7 comments:

Goddard's Gang said...

That looks like fun! I almost bought one of those the other day, but then changed my mind. Now, I wish I had bought it afterall, it would have been so much fun! Oh well live and learn! Next time i will just get it! LOL!

Robyn said...

Looks fun and tasty!

Life with boys... said...

How fun, we are going to be tackling ours tomorrow, but the building of the actual house is a little more complicated over here. Especially when it's homemade gingerbread and the ruler gets broken out, HA, next year I might be buying one of those kits too! Each year they get bigger and more "structurally sound" hehehe. Nate loves decorating though, I think his favorite part is eating the frosting along the way.

Looks like you had fun, and that family of yours, sheesh (j/k), down here in Tx, we are reading reading loud and clear! ; )

Lynne said...

That last picture is hillarious...and accurate in any house!

Alyson (New England Living) said...

That is a great gift. Perhaps I should gift that for myself.

I too know the pain of having most of my family never read my blog. Only the very few that have a blog of their own, read mine.

Joy said...

What fun!! We stopped in to visit Paul and family on our way to the airport--we caught them up to date with you since I read your blog and they don't :) They gave us a great gift too!! A chocolate nativity--I don't know how I feel about eating baby Jesus (guess I will let one of the kids eat that one!!) Have a great Christmas!!

Aimee said...

Just got your Christmas card and so glad to see you have a blog! I was very neglectful this year and cards never got sent out. You're kids are all so cute and getting so big. Thanks for thinking of us and sending us a card. Don't think we hate you or something and singled you out as the one person that got crossed of this years list. This year's list never even got started. Stop by our blog sometime. Merry Christmas!