Friday, January 23, 2009

The awfulness that is Red Dye

My friend Ashley won't let her kids have red punch because red dye is bad for their health. I won't let mine have it because of this....



Yes, that is our ceiling (not sure why it looks brown,as in real life it is pink, very very pink) and some of our cabinets. AND this is after I spent about 45 minutes cleaning it up from everywhere! AND I MEAN EVERYWHERE!

Now, as an added bonus...for me:) Mr. KIR had to bring part of his Fire Fighter uniform home to take it to have some some sewing done. I HAD to take pictures! I love him in the thing...As you can see from his face, he was NOT amused at my request...Who cares: I am women, do as I say and no one gets hurt!

11 comments:

Lynne said...

So the red won't come off anymore from the cupboard door? Have you googled it?

Life with boys... said...

oh I am right there with you on the red dye!! Now I am gonna ask about the elephant in the room, how in the world did it end up on the ceiling? Gotta be prepared for anything that could happen here ya know!

Miss you all, love the uniform! So cool!

McEwens said...

That is AWESOME that he is a fireman! WE are all so grateful for the men and woman that serve us!

mamalutz said...

I didn't know that is what he does. I wish Jeremy had some kind of uniform ha!

Robin and Don said...

I have to add a second elephant, do tell how the red dye ended up on the celing. I have a feeling this could be the most entertaining part of the story. As for Mr. Kir, he just glows in his uniform. =)

Holly said...

I like the shiny name on the back! That is just plain fancy!!

jackie said...

I have NO idea how the red ended up on the ceiling. I was in the garage for ten seconds (or less, it is FREEZING out there) came in and WHALAA..my afternoon time was booked!

Robyn said...

Jackie, Yup on the slide at 4 Sisters. I havn't looked at her site lately, but I heard it was awesome and you can download stuff to print out on a Cricut at home.
I'd love to hear about your friend and her red dye - I've heard of it before. So sorry about your mess - what about a magic eraser?
ROB

DIAZ BLOG said...

Red dye is murder to get out of anything. I have a miracle chemical that gets it out of carpet but I don't know what to tell you about the ceiling???? I guess a new coat of paint is in order.

Cory said...

I have spots on my ceiling from several months ago that I can't get off. Cody was making a shake and stuck a spoon down in the blender juuuust a little too far -- the milkshake exploded!! all over the kitchen. And red punch is outlawed at my house too.

Sean and Janet said...

We have lovely pink splotches on our dininr room ceiling following a Go-gurt tantrum!