Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Black listed

Pony Girl is on the BLACK list in my world!
A few days ago she randomly asked me if cars had been invented when I was a little girl. BAD question little one. But, I am a forgiving and loving mother, so I let it go. Yes, I letitgo. It rolled off roughly, but rolled off none the less.
BUT today, the little "needs her mouth washed out with soap" said this jewel of a phrase:

Me: (flipping on the TV), "Oh. look guys, Little House on the Prairie, I watched this show when I was a kid."
Pony Girl: "On what, a slide show thing?"
Me: (turning my head ever so slowly, taking a very deep and cleansing breathe, looking directly into those pearly green eyes..): "UMMM, no, the TV."
PG: (acting very shocked,) "They had TVs way back then."

Black list I tell ya...B L A C K L I S T

13 comments:

Robyn said...

Jackie - That is so funny!
We've been watching tons and tons of LHOTP, too - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US LOVES IT!!! I've been DVR-ing it on the Hallmark channel - like 3 episodes a day!!!
Kids are great!

Life with boys... said...

Oh my gosh, my sides hurt! Pony Girl, you'll make it off there soon, I hope!

Marci said...

So funny... still laughing... thanks for the funny today and tmw, and the next day...

still laughing.

Lynne said...

My kids can't believe I didn't have a microwave, cable (it came around, but we didn't get it while I was home), cordless phones or air in our car (again around but we didn't have it). I guess maybe I am archaic (sp?). :-)

Joy said...

That is funny!! It always cracks me up when my kids say funny things like that!! And by the way I just put the baby ticker on my blog on Monday--It was my way of announcing the new one. Have a great day!!

2busy said...

Love it! Thanks for the laugh!

McEwens said...

Funny, I also loved watching little house on the praire... (I still sneak in reruns)

Robin and Don said...

Now she has you right where she wants you! She now knows the mom button to push.

Cory said...

That is so funny! I wonder what their kids will ask?

coach22 said...

Jackie, You should mention that you grew up not far from Rigby where TV's were invented and that may be wehre the confusion lies! Still looking for the info you promised me. And I think Mark looks great as a fire fighter!

DIAZ BLOG said...

SO FUNNY!!! My 10 yr old loves Little House on the Prairie! We have several seasons on DVD. I guess it makse her feel like she knows what it was like when Mom was a kid....smile, smile!

jackie said...

Coach 22--who are you? What stuff do I owe you?

Kimberleigh said...

That is too funny, because, alas, I hear the EXACT same thing from Tennyson constantly! Except he refers to when I grew up as "the olden days." How lovely is that?!?