Saturday, January 10, 2009

Date Night

You know when you are single and you go on dates where you actually DO something. I know, I know, going out to eat is something. But I mean a date where you actually laugh and talk nonstop and are actively getting to know someone. That's the kind of "do something" date I am talking about.

See, Mr. KIR and I have been married for 12 years...I think. I am always one year off and the math is too hard to figure, so it has either been 11 or 12 years. (He teases me nonstop about this and says I would forget his birthday if it wasn't attached to mine...he's probably right. Things actually FALL out of my brain...Literally fall out. As soon I as I put them in there...they just slip right out. )

Hmmm, where was I?...Oh ya, back to dating...

When Mr. KIR and I were dating, we did all sorts of fun stuff. We went on picnics, skiing, to plays, concerts, he cooked yummy meals, etc... After a few kids, no money and oldness, we settled into a nice-go out to eat and head home so we would not have to pay the babysitter more because we are poor, lame and boring- kind of date night..

However, last night Mr. KIR and I went on a "do something" kind of date. We went bowling. Of course we had the usual dinner first...I mean we are old and set in our ways...and too much change all at once could be too much...heart attack inducing even...

But last night we went bowling. We brought another couple along for a little trash kicking. (I DID take bowling in college thank you very much!) I talked the talk and Mr. KIR walked the walk...we make such a nice couple that way! It started out GREAT. The men...well, they were evenly matched. However, I felt fairly confident we would walk out of there champions because I, my friends, was smokin' the lane! SMOKIN' THE LANE. I got at least 4 or 5 my first 4 bowls and was on it. YOU HEAR ME? ON IT! Emily got four gutter balls in a row. I mean who can come back from that?

As the game progressed...well, I shall leave that unsaid...

Let's just say I left with a carpel tunnel throb, lung damage (smoke inhalation as although we live in a smoke free state, the smoke stench on clothing is REAL I tell ya, and the only smoke 10 feet away from any public entrance rule is IGNORED and unenforced) and a WHOOPING score of 87 points. Mr KIR ended the night with a 105. We are talking BIG numbers here right! Right now you are probably thinking..."Ya, it's in the bag--they ROCKED." But alas...you would be wrong. The other couple (losers!) left feeling pretty proud and cocky with 89 and 113. Can you believe it? I know! I think cheating was involved somewhere along the lines!

AND THEN, Mr. Kingpin (as I shall refer to him from this day forth) had the audacity to say to me as he sauntered away after he payed was, "I just payed for your a*# whoopin'."

Freakin' Idiot! It was my plan all along...FREE bowling...BEST DATE EVER!

8 comments:

Life with boys... said...

I love it, we are sooooo going bowling the next time we have a chance!

Glad you had fun, and you are NOT OLD!!!

McEwens said...

Pretty funny! It is always fun to go out and DO things! Trash talking and you dont break 100 LOVE IT!

Lynne said...

You are old and I can say this because I'm even older than you!
:-)

noelle said...

87 is probably better than the highest score i've ever gotten - but at least you went on a date!

Cory said...

Girl - you don't even know OLD yet! Something about the big 4-0 really hits ya and you've still got a few years before you're there. In the meantime . . . enjoy your youth!

Hopefulone said...

You are too funny;) I always love your rants...

missy said...

I bet I could beat you at wii bowling. I'm a pro, you know. I even get a sparkly ball now. Bring it on!

Lynne said...

I actually took bowling in college - my first day I scored a 23...ooops...I guess it's the higher numbers that are better scores so never mind me. :-)