Thursday, February 19, 2009

Free Bracelet

Company is coming. So, I got myself a new bracelet. I did not plan on getting a new bracelet. It was free...just a bonus for all my hard work and preparations.

Wanna see it?

As I said, free ...after a bazillion dollar deductible!

You can get one too, just grab an arm full of recycling, sheets, and an air mattress. Head down the stairs making sure you have slippery socks on, can't see where you are going, or have a hand to hang onto the hand rail. Then go for it...TRIP away!

I also got this:


A sprained foot. Later, after I had fallen, I had to go to the doctor for something totally unrelated and he mentioned my "gimpness." I told him of my "trip" and he wanted to take a look. He informed me it looked more like a brake than a sprain and recommended an x-ray--(hence the bracelet.) He said when you break a toe here:


It is no big deal. They just tape the toes together and let it heal,
but if you break it here:



That is bad. It can cause chronic pain and needs to be check out by a podiatrist. UGH! (can you see the bend marks from where it bent? I am talking OUCH!--plus it is swollen..not that you can tell in the picture...but trust me--swollen!) Luckily mine is only a sprain.

So if company is coming your way, or you just feel like a bit o' pampering, SLIP into a bracelet like mine!

15 comments:

Joy said...

OUCHY!! Now you need to go and get a pedicure just so that your bracelet will look even better!! Or at least to make yourself feel better!!

Life with boys... said...

Oh no, Jacks! That looks like it hurts! I see a whole lot of propping your foot up and attempting to relax in your near future. Big hugs and take care of that foot, you certainly don't need it to get any worse!

Robyn said...

So, I am just wondering, how long will it take before one of your kids goes and steps on it! Oh the PAIN! That would be my luck!

Robyn said...

Jackie - sorry, but this was a cute post - you're great!

Aimee said...

On facebook you made this sound like a little boo-boo, it looks like a lot more! Hope it heals fast, good luck!

Marci said...

So sorry to hear about your fall... I hope you get better fast :)

Lynne said...

If you wanted carmelitos that bad you could have just called you know...

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DIAZ BLOG said...

I am so sorry! That looks pretty bad! Hope you are on the mend soon.

Sean and Janet said...

Youch!
You better keep that bracelet forever!
So, I found Elder Rose (piano player, tall, skinny..you remember him right?) on Facebook, and read in his profile that his religious views are Agnostic. That makes me sad. I haven't actually heard back from him besides accepting my "friendship", so I'll just optimistically hope he was making a joke. Anyway, walk slow and clear the aisles where ever you do walk!

Alyson (New England Living) said...

That looks painful! So glad it was only sprain. Hope you will be able to enjoy your company.

Hopefulone said...

Oh My Goodness! OUCH! OUCH! and double OUCH!

I'm totally shocked that isn't broken.

And at first I couldn't tell what your bracelet was you were talking about (this computer screen is shot! really dark) anyway I thought the kids had made you one...You're so funny as usual:)

Robin and Don said...

Oh, girl that looks painful. Careful on those stairs.

Kimberleigh said...

Oh snap, that makes my foot hurt just looking at your swollen bruised mass of a foot. Virtual flowers sent your way!

Life with boys... said...

So just wondering, how's the foot?