Sunday, March 1, 2009

Meth

Mr. KIR and I have some good friends (Kent and Charyce) who have 5 children~two of which are adopted. Their story is amazing and I am humbled by the struggles and joys they have encountered by joining these little ones into their family. The two girls were adopted separately, 14 months apart...with one of their biological children born in the middle of this time period. However, they are full blood sisters who were taken from their parents for drug abuse.

A few years ago Charyce entered a commercial making contest on speaking out against drug use. She won! I love the commercial and have recently taken siege upon the only copy she owns. Here is their little sunshine being the star she is:


video

5 comments:

McEwens said...

WOW!!! That is a POWWERFUL commercial, what she gave up instead of meth!!!

Robyn said...

That was awesome! When she won the contest, did they decide to shoot a real commercial of the story?

jackie said...

Robyn: They did not rerun anything...they actually used HER commercial. It ran in the town they lived in for a long time...it should still be running if you ask me!

DIAZ BLOG said...

Awesome! I agree, it should still be running...nationwide if you ask me!

Kimberleigh said...

OH wow...what a great commercial and what a POWERFUL little girl!! She is amazing, truly. I wish this ad was playing in Utah.