Thursday, May 28, 2009

Touch pad car entry please. Oh and why we are at it, how about home and garage codes as well.

From the very beginning of my marriage, I knew Mr. KIR was one in a million. AND why, why was I so lucky? I still have not figured it out. I just keep holding on and thinking one day--one day--the man is going to wake up and realize what he has gotten himself into and run for the hills, grabbing his sanity along the way. But until that happens, I shall hold on and worship the ground he walks on! (Seriously! If you know him-and me-you believe!)

Long story short, I locked my keys in the car...again... 30 minutes from our house...at 10:45pm...

I called Mr. KIR and announced my blunder. He simple said, "Okay, I'll get the kids in the car and be there soon."

He pulled up next to where I was, handed me the keys, waited for me to unlock, and we headed home. When we got there (11:40 pm) he carried the kids back to bed, helped me unload the car and put stuff away.

NOT once did the man sigh or breathe out in frustration. NOT once did he act upset or irritated. NOT once did his tone of voice change or his looks in my direction differ from his normal self.

The man is so amazing, so calm, so loving, and understanding. I shall never, NEVER, be worthy!

7 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm not suprised...next time you can call me you know!

Lynne said...

Wait...he may actually install key-less entries at this point, but if not go ahead and call because we all know there will be a next time. lol

jackie said...

Lynne: Oh the sad truth is still painful...yes indeed there will be a next time:(

Marci said...

You are a lucky lucky girl and you totally deserve Mr KIR!

Robin and Don said...

Next time Don needs to be picked up from work at 10:45, probably tonight, I'm calling Mr KIR to go pick him up. That is soooo nice.

Sean and Janet said...

Don't worry, you are on my Google Reader list so I get every update, whether it be pink luggage, locked keys or holes you boy digs in the ground!
This makes it much easier for me to keep up with all my blog stalking!
The ones actually on my blog are links to those that are private that don't show up on Google Reader.

There, how're your feelings now? Better? Hope so! ;)

Robyn said...

Janet,
Our hubbies sound similar. Good for us!