Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sweet Sweat Bands Man!

I love tennis!

I signed a reluctant child up last year and she loved it.

I signed a second reluctant child up this year. Being nervous and all, she informed me one night before bed, "Mom, I am scared of tennis because I don't know how to play."

I let her know that all the kids in her class would be beginners and the only way to learn is to start.

She looked at me with sincerely unbelieving eyes, and went to bed.

The next day I awoke to little miss Sweetums saying, "YEssssssssss!" under her breathe as the wii slammed away a tennis game. When it was over she triumphantly walked away and informed me that, SHE was ready. Practice was indeed a good thing and she was not scared any more.

Since then they have both been looking forward to lessons starting and have been adorning their tennis racquet's whenever I let them. Folks have heard... and last night a wonderful young women from our church gave the girls sweat bands. Sweetums was so excited and began wearing them immediately. I mentioned that maybe only the wrist bands were needed.

"NOPE! I like the headband Mom."

So today, I have taken pictures of the little sweat band wearer - for posterity sake.


Little Man had to get in on the sweat band action as well... whatever...

3 comments:

All Things Frugal For You And Me said...

I like the look-too cute:)
Some how little man looks a bit Ninja in his...

Life with boys... said...

heeheehee, I love you kiddos!

Marci said...

our oldest has green sweat bands that are worn daily, 365 days a year and have to confiscated to wash. Good luck with that.