Saturday, August 8, 2009

Case of the mistaken beer

While at the in-laws house, Little Man asked if he could have a soda. I, being the mom ever conscience of health and such, said, "Yes."
He came back with this:I stifled a giggle and informed him that he brought in beer and could not have such a thing.

He left and brought back this:I again mentioned beer and added a tidbit of legal drinking age info. He looked at me and asked, "Well, what CAN I have?"

So I went to the fridge, grabbed the first can of soda I saw and handed it to him. It was this.

I said, "Here kiddo, have a root beer."

Sadly, it took me a minute to figure out why he looked at me with a quizzical, furrowed brow kind of look and asked, "I can have THIS beer?"

Giggle. Gigggggle. Snort. Yep my little man, that beer is okay.

7 comments:

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Yeah, that's true, the beer in root beer makes it very confusing. Cute story! :)

Goddard's Gang said...

LOL! That is just to cute!

Life with boys... said...

it certainly made me giggle too!

Aimee said...

My question is, in a house full of mormons, why are there so many beer options?

Sean and Janet said...

Yeah, where was all the beer coming from?

jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin and Don said...

Oh how I love little man stories. Always a smile he puts on this face.