Thursday, September 10, 2009

Self Esteem boosters...Oh Wait...

Two events recently that have seriously wounded my ego--that is E G O...

1. Mr. KIR was out of the country again for 9 stinking days! So, when he returned home late Friday night, I immediately went shopping with a girlfriend early Saturday morning. Good for the soul..right? I know! Now before I continue, I just want to state for the record (which record, I have no idea) that even though I am 37 years old, happily married to mr. handsome himself, the mother of three adorable kids, the event happened at a Goodwill, and the men were weird-o's, it still stung. Yes it did, I tell ya!

See, my friend is beautiful--not in the "Oh, she is so sweet--beautiful," but G O R G E O U S--even though she is like 700 years older than me (okay, maybe just a few years. ) She is also happily married and the mother of three adorable babies, PLUS, she gets to call me friend--dang her...some people have it all!

Anyway, we were shopping away at the goodwill looking for treasures to transform, and these two guys were also shopping. I passed them like 12 times. I thought nothing of it/them until I found mrs. gorgeous and she says, "Those two guys asked me some lame question about a party...and when I told them, 'No party,' they just kept talking to me and bugging the bajjeeebas out of me."

AHHHH, I am so sorry you pretty little princess, that even though you are like 900 years old, wearing a wedding ring and with your OH SO GORGEOUS friend, guys still hit on you. (Spit raspberries loudly here please.)

And 2. THIS...




My passport photo.



I think I may just stay in the country forever.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Love the passport photo - you'd better go on a good trip now and...you'd better take me with you. Do you hear me??

Lynne said...

P.S. Your contacts need some serious cleaning!

Robin and Don said...

Your passport looks great compared to mine. Mine was so bad that I have yet for someone to look at it and not laugh. I seriously look like I should be holding numbers below my face and turning to the right. Why can't we just smile a little? No wonder the pioneer women looked so bad in all their pictures.

Robyn said...

I love you, Jackie! Sure wish you lived closer. I've been to a little 'treasure' shop here in the last week and found a few 'goodies' to 'transform'. Be sure to share anything fun you do.