Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Labels Smables

I am an organize freak! I label everything vinyl will stick to: the bathroom cabinets, kids clothing drawers, storage room items, garage, toy bins, craft room drawers, laundry baskets...you get the idea. I have even gone so far as to label:
Yes those are my fridge shelves. It is great when the kids are helping me with dinner or have to set/clear the table!

I have however, withstood many a taunt about the silliness of this--from friends mostly. (Crazy right...!) Why only friends? Mr. KIR's family is WAY to nice to tease, and my family lives so FAR, FAR away they rarely get to see my weirdness in all it's glory.

But alas, my brother and his family (along with one of my sisters sons--love you Jeremy,) came for a fantastical Thanksgiving trip. It was so great to have them all here! We miss them and their silly selves. My brother and his wifey are HILARIOUS--if you don't think so, just ask them! They crack each other up all the time. (Okay--they crack me up too:)

But my little bother...I mean brother...took mocking me to a whole new level this trip. One afternoon I came downstairs to this: (Along with snickers from his peanut gallery--yes this means YOU JU!)
He had labeled my house...Oh so funny!

But then, later that day when he was making bread...he had the GAUL to ask, "Jack, where do you keep the yeast?"

Hmmm...
Whose laughing NOW PEEEDGE? Oh and by the way- after you left- Pony Girl was helping with lunch and could not find the jam. So next time you visit, put things where they are labeled to go please:)

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Spalding wishes some of my friend's and relative's organizing powers would come my way. He actually suggested that I label my shelves. I said "are you kidding? I am not that crazy!" So yes, I think you are crazy, but I miss you still. When you come visit someday, Spalding would love for you to label my kitchen too.

Holly said...

Oh so funny! I do however honestly envy your organization abilities....it is one of your best traits! :-)

snakeriverwalton said...

I don't think anyone should mock you. I only dream about being this organized!

Joy said...

That is funny. Even if I were that organized--I am sure that my children {and hubby} would tell me they didn't see the sign and everything would be in the wrong place anyway!!! We need to take a trip down to see your brother.

Life with boys... said...

I love it! I think my favorite has to be "where's the yeast?" That one made my eyes water!

You keep right on a labeling, our house will soon find the same fate, as soon as my kids can read that is!

DIAZ BLOG said...

DANG....and I thought I was organized!!! I guess not! Leave it to a "guy" to ask "where's the yeast?" in your house!

ju said...

I've been waiting for that post!I didn't realize he couldn't find the yeast though. Did you ever find your mixer? If you do, you'll need to put a label there, too.
Miss you and your labels lots!
JU

Robyn said...

Jackie,
I'm behind on my blog reading, but just came across this....in my never-ending, never-successful quest to be more organized (I sometimes pray to be OCD) I have considered labeling 'things'....do you use your Cricut to cut these WONDERFUL labels out???? I SIMPLY LOVE IT!!! I TRULY MAY DO IT now that I've seen how WONDERFUL it is!!! And, I don't care if I get made fun of.....so glad you shared!