Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Check List

List for Trip

1) Leave kids in capable hands of Nini: Check
2) Load Car: Check
3) Stop at Arby's: Check
4) Have car stall at Drive-thru window: Check
5) Call David and have him come rescue me: Check
6) Spend 4 hours having David figure out what is wrong and then be kind enough to let him fix it: Check
7) Get half way to the airport in MAJOR fog going SLOW: Check
8) Get a call from Mr. KIR (in China) informing me my flight has been canceled and I now need to head to a different airport and find a hotel for the night: Check
9) Awake at 2:30am, head to the airport and discover I have no reservation for the flight: Check
10) Finally start the loooooong leg of the journey, arrive, take taxi to hotel and realize Mr. KIR was NOT kidding when he talks of Chinese driving, causing death to be extremely close twice: Check (Seriously. They have NO road rules here. We drove on the curb, in the emergency lane, ignored red lights and stop signs, passed loaded down bikes/mopeds, and pedestrians the entire way. We came so close to a bus and another car I could literally have picked the strangers noses!!!!)
11)Be awed by beauty and be excited to begin fun: Check

7 comments:

Lynne said...

See I knew you'd have some good blogs for us -- can't wait to read the future ones too.

snakeriverwalton said...

I'm so jealous! I'll be checking to see about your trip.

Goddard's Gang said...

So was it you driving or the Chinese man? In your story it sounds alot like when your driving capablities, only thing missing is hitting something while backing up....

Oh yeah and by the way this is David.

Goddard's Gang said...

I am so the man! Now for my charges....

just kidding! You are welcome enjoy your trip!

Again this is David

Life with boys... said...

Enjoy yourself, crazy drivers and all!!!

missy said...

Wow, an adventure already. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. I did have to chuckle at David's comment asking if you were driving...
I saw Sweetums today. She was all smiles. Enjoy!

Holly said...

Ohhhhh I am so excited for you! What a rough start, but you are going to have a blast! Take lots of pictures and buy me lots of suveniors!!!