Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why I HATE April Fools Day

April Fools Day began the night before with Mr KIR and Pony Girl searching the internet for over an hour -AT BED TIME- trying to find the perfect joke for school. Which then required Mr. KIR the use of my craft stuff and a run to the store for supplies. The excitement of it all caused Pony Girl to keep getting out of bed to make sure the joke was coming along and just right for the "great" day tomorrow .OH BROTHER.

That in and of itself would be fine, sweet even. What's not to moosh your heart about a dad pranking with his cute little girl?

BUT. BUT. BUT, Pony Girl LOVES this holiday. I promise you this day is very similar to Christmas for her!!

She continued to make the day by "fooling" her dad. She poured allllll the cereal out of their plastic bags, letting all the little bits free-roam in their boxes. Why allllll the cereal? Because she wasn't sure which one he would eat. OHHHH. See now that makes total sense to the mom who now must clean it all up. So funny!! She then locked Sweetums out of her room before said sister was fully dressed, causing me to have to trudge upstairs to a crying 7 year old, scour around for a door un-locker, all in the name of holiday fun! April Fools....

And so as not to be outdone, RIGHT in the MIDDLE of family prayer, yes I said RIGHT in the MIDDLE, Sweetums, YELLS at the top of her lungs, "PONY GIRL! YOU HAVE A HUGE SPIDER ON YOUR BACK!"

What the...It is only 7:20 in the morning.

It's going to be a long day!

I think just for a bit of fun myself, I shall announce to the kids, "I bought a puppy today."

We'll see who has the last fools laugh then.

(Okay, I know that is really mean. I know! I know! AND I won't really do it. This day just brings out the best in me...)

3 comments:

Robyn said...

My kids were disappointed that they have spring break over this wonderful holiday. I was glad. They haven't even tried jokes on each other yet today. I am sure the wheels are turning in their heads though.

Life with boys... said...

so what was the big prank for school? I am dyin to know!

By the way totally taking notes, this is what I have to look forward to?

Holly said...

We had a patient in our office that day who told us with a smirk on his face how three of his neighbors that morning were without water.....It is NOT funny to me if you cost me time and money. I agree that I hate that day!!