Monday, January 31, 2011

Home is a HAPPY place

Pony Girl  is working towards her "Faith in God" award from our church. To receive the award she participates in a variety of activities in several areas: learning and living the gospel, serving others, developing talents, etc. over a 4 year time frame. One of the goals she decided to work on was to read: The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and write a list of ways she could make our home and family a happier place. She was to then share the list with her parents. Tonight she happily handed Mr. KIR and I the list. She was all smiles and "aren't I a good daughterish." We of course smiled and "good jobbed" her. As I turned to head back to what I was doing she innocently said, "Here Mom, you can take this downstairs and recycle it, I won't be using it anymore."

Good to see it sinking in Dear...GOOD to see!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

AHHHHahahahaha. That's hillarious...and something mine would say too! haha

snakeriverwalton said...

that's about how my intentions go too- very short lived.

Life with boys... said...

(snickering in the background)