Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bangs

Little Miss Sweetums has begged for bangs for awhile now. Since I am a good mom, as soon as the "can I have bangs?" question was out of her mouth I'd promptly tell her "NO WAY! Bangs are a pain in the butt and I hate them."

She, being the good daughter would smirkily state, "Well, it is MY hair and I want them, I will just cut them myself."

Since Pony Girl had cut her own hair twice when she was three and four and Sweetums hair when she was three, the likely hood of that happening was very real! I fought within myself about which was worse--discovering she cut them herself and dealing with THOSE kind of bangs for months or cutting them myself and realizing the annoyances were MY fault.

I was not sure. But with Mr. KIR out of the country and me out of my mind, I finally relented.

When we finished, she was ecstatic. She climbed into bed with, "I am so beautiful, I am the loveliest girl in all the world..." thoughts filling her head.

Me, I just breathed in deep and told myself, "They will grow out, they will grow out, over and over again."

The next morning, I was jarred awake (6:00am) by screams of distraughtness as little miss was whaling and weeping and pulling at her bangs with all her might.

She had looked in the mirror and realized bangs are awful and wanted them CUT OFF NOW!

Ummm, Seriously?
So, I did what any good mother would do, I got out the electric clippers and ...

1 comment:

Robyn said...

sounds like time to invest in bobby pins! I had to pin back bangs! we had that phase a while back and I tried to talk -L- out of it too.