Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big Changes...or NOT

Many moons ago, Mr. KIR's company asked if he and/or another employee (we'll call him...Rod) and their families would be willing to move to China. Rod and his family said, "NO! Not an option.NO, NO, NO!"

We on the other hand said. "YESIREEEEEE! We'll leave tomorrow and send you a post card!" So we looked up information, talked to schools and mentally prepared for a HUGE change. But then the company looked at the costs and changed their minds. Oh Well.

So one month ago they asked again--knowing the costs and such--and told us to prepare a trip for the family in December to get the kids on board, show them their school, look for apartments, get drivers lined up, etc. So this time we REALLY made plans. And I started cleaning house like a possessed women, sold and got rid of STUFF, and started to slowly tell our families and friends.

So yesterday when they told MR. KIR  that it costs too much and we will not be going, I think, "COME ON PEOPLE! Seriously?!?!

At least my house is clean...right!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow! What a roller coaster ride. It would be a great experience for your family. maybe they will change their minds again.

Lynne said...

someone really ought to tell us we're moving to China too and then I'd probably get a lot of things done that I've been putting off!

DIAZ BLOG said...

I would be so annoyed! Come on...cleaning my house for NO REASON.....that's was just unfair of them!

Life with boys... said...

and one very HAPPY SIL by the way! Did I mention I don't take change well?